Technical and Production
The Production team ensures all product booked by the Buying teams is produced and delivered into our warehouse on time for launch across the EAST brand. Managing the Critical Path, the deptartment regularly works under pressure and to strict deadlines. The team are responsible for ensuring bulk fabrics, labeling, ticketing and packaging are produced as approved. They work very closely with the Technical and Buying teams to guarantee the finished product adheres to EAST’s high quality standards. In addition the team liaise on a regular basis with freight forwarders on consolidations and most cost effective methods of shipments. Working with suppliers worldwide; roles within this team are both challenging and rewarding.
The Technical team are responsible for the fit and quality of all EAST clothing. The team work closely with Design and Buying to ensure the product fit, quality and aesthetics are made to a high standard. They are responsible for each garment from concept sample to final shipping sample. Working closely with manufacturers worldwide the team ensure that EAST’s standards, tolerances and grading are clearly understood and adhered to. As with the Production team, the Technical team’s time is governed by the Critical Path, and therefore they thrive on working to strict deadlines. The team regularly travel to India and China for inspections.
Garment Technologist (Maternity cover)
You will be responsible for defining, implementing and monitoring the size, fit and quality of clothing for product area of responsibility from proto sample, bulk production to store delivery ensuring a Right First Time approach.
You will also ensure technical excellence and high quality product once concept samples fitted, working directly with manufacturers to achieve a good quality, well fitted garment within time restraints set, whilst maintaining on time delivery.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in garment technology
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in a similar role
- Computer literate in Excel, Word and e mail
- Possess an in depth knowledge of garment fit and construction and manufacturing techniques across a variety of product areas
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Understanding of the strategic needs of the business
- Demonstrate a “can do” philosophy with a “right first time” approach
- Possess a desire to seek out continuous improvement in processes/practices within own area of responsibility and department as a whole
- Ability to analyse problems and provide recommendations for solution
- Ability to recognise when issues should be escalated to senior management
- Flexibility to deputise for other technologists in cases of sickness or holidays
- Be able to manage and prioritise heavy and varied workload
- A self motivated team player
- A self starter with the initiative, desire and ability to take personal accountability for area of responsibility
- Ability to manage and develop direct reports
- Ability to initiate, build and maintain strong relationships with design, buying, merchandising and suppliers
- Ensure personal behaviour demonstrates the values of the brand