At EAST, we take security very seriously. We want to assure you that we use the latest internet security technology to ensure that your sensitive information such as your name, address and credit card details are transmitted to us safely and securely.
For your protection, all purchases on our website use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This means that all information passed from your computer to our website is encrypted and cannot be read in the event someone else intercepts it. You can check if you are on a secure page as a small padlock will show in your address bar or on the bottom corner of your browser window.
SSL technology includes the following reassuring features:
- It authenticates the server our website sits on and assures your browser that it is the correct server and confirms that it is secure.
- It encrypts your data so that it cannot be read by anyone other than our secure server.
- It checks the data for integrity to ensure it has not been altered during the transmission.
Furthermore, your credit card details are not stored on our website or our server and continue to be encrypted so that no person can see your card details.
Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode
To give you even more confidence when shopping at east.co.uk, we have introduced Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode. These services password-protect your Visa, Maestro and MasterCard card details, to give you added security when shopping online.
If you are using a Visa, Maestro or MasterCard, you will be prompted at checkout to enter your private password. To use this service you must have registered with Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode. You can do this two ways:
1. Sign up through the bank that issued your card
2. Follow the instructions next time you place an order with us. This allows you to register for this service when you checkout.
You only need to register once and you can then use the same password every time you make an online purchase with EAST or any other website that offers this service.
Please note that your Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode is not your east.co.uk password. EAST does not have access to your Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode password.