The Merchandising team is responsible for driving profits through sales, margin and stock management. They plan the ranges at the beginning of the seasons and manage the process through to the terminal stocks at the end. The merchandising team works very closely with most other departments across the business. The team are highly numerical with an eye for accuracy and attention to detail, with a passion for the brand and product. Merchandising is a very demanding roll and the team regularly works under pressure to meet deadlines.
Right time, right place and the right quantities, with superb analytical abilities thrown in, are just some of the thought processes and skills of the Assistant Merchandiser we are looking for. You will be rewarded with autonomy and personal development, good work-life balance, subsidised gym membership, generous clothing discount and interest travel loan, to name a few.
We are expanding and the pace is fast and therefore we are looking for an Assistant Merchandiser to:
- maintain an optimum stock level through re-buys, re-phasing of intake and recommending opportunities for increasing sales
- provide comprehensive analysis of historical performance, for strategy & lessons learnt meetings
- provide timely analysis of current performance and be pro-active in interpreting, communicating and acting upon results
- ensure that the WSSI tool reflects accurate trading position
- review store performance, identify risks and opportunities
- manage and develop the Merchandising Admin Assistants
We are looking for candidates with strong merchandising experience gained in fashion retailing. You will need to have operated as a Senior Allocator as a minimum to be considered for this role. You will have an impeccable high standard of accuracy, attention to detail and communication skills.
Merchandising Admin Assistant (Wholesale)
EAST has launched its wholesaling division; it’s a great success and growing rapidly! We are now looking for a Merchandising Admin Assistant who is outgoing and a good relationship builder to join the team.
Merchandising experience is not essential; however you will need to have a good head for numbers and great attention to detail. In return you will be rewarded with a broad scope in which to develop, subsidised gym membership, interest free travel loan, and generous clothing discount – not to mention working in a great team!
As a Merchandising admin Assistant you will:
- prepare the range for selling
- liaise with clients either on the phone or face to face
- attend sales appointment
- collate and raise client orders
- allocate stock
- work with the relevant departments to ensure client orders are released on time
- produce analysis as required
We are looking for candidates who remain calm and professional under pressure, has excellent attention to detail and proficient in excel. We are keen to hear from people working or have worked in retail, sales or wholesale.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org